Welcome to Advanced Wound Center
There's no longer any reason to live with a non-healing wound. Our caring staff and specialized treatment plans developed for each individual patient's needs, we have what you need to get back on your feet again. Most of our treatments are covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs, and other private insurance plans. We are experts at caring for people whose wounds have resisted traditional treatment.
Call us or come by to schedule an appointment today!
Our Care Team
Our center is staffed with a unique team of doctors, nurses, and therapists all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The causes of wounds are complex, and our group represents expertise in all of the major areas necessary to handle your varied circumstances and challenges. Whatever it takes for healing to occur, we're equipped and staffed to make it happen.
Southern Tennessee Regional Health System - Winchester Campus
155 Hospital Road, Suite J
Winchester, Tennessee 37398
Office Phone (931) 967-8190
Office Fax (931) 967-8327
When Should I Seek Treatment For My Wound?
Please ask your doctor about visiting Advanced Wound Care if:
- You have a wound that hasn't healed in 30 days
- You have a sore with increasing pain, redness, swelling, foul odor, or a change in color
- You have a surgical wound that has become infected
How to Start Healing
- Generally, the physician currently treating you will refer you to Advanced Wound Center for specialized care. You can also make an appoinment directly with our office.
- When you call for your first appointment, we will ask you a few questions about your wound and your health in general.
- Before treatment, our team of doctors and nurses will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history
- Tests may be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation as well as to determine if there's any infection present.
- Together with your physician, we'll develop a treatment program based on your special needs.
- We are in constant communication with your doctor throughout your care. Once your wound is healed, you'll return to your doctor for follow-up care.
What To Bring To Your First Appointment
- A list of ANY medication you're currently taking as well as any allergies you're aware of
- Medical records including X-Ray film if you have them
- Insurance forms or cards