Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
STRHS-Winchester/Sewanee Eases Visitor Restrictions
March 18, 2021
Southern Tennessee Regional Health System-Winchester/Sewanee (STRHS-Winchester/Sewanee) announced today that that it is easing restrictions of its limited visitor protocol. This decision was made as a result of the COVID-19 infection rate dropping in the area, decreased community spread of the virus and after careful review of state and federal guidance.
“Our hospital’s top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community,” said Cliff Wilson, chief executive officer (CEO) of STRHS-Winchester/Sewanee. “We continue to monitor closely the prevalence of the virus in our community as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients, and we feel confident that it is safe to begin allowing screened visitors again at this time.”
Effective Thursday March 18, 2021, the updated visitor guidelines, are as follows:
- Medical/Surgical Unit- Visitation hours are 9:00 am -9:00 pm, seven days a week and one support person may stay overnight with the patient. No more than two visitors per patient at one time.
- ICU- Two visitors (age 12 and older) permitted for thirty minutes at the visitation times of 5:00 am, 10:30 am, 2:00 pm, and 5:30 pm. ICU patients may have one support person outside of these visiting hours.
- Senior Advantage- One visitor permitted Monday-Friday 4:00 pm-6:00 pm. On Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays visitors permitted 10:00 am-12:00 pm and 4:00 pm-6:00 pm.
- The Childbirth Center - One support person is permitted for obstetric patients (cannot be rotated, must be the same individual for the respective day). Visiting hours for the obstetric patient support person are not limited. In addition to one support person, obstetric patients are permitted one designated visitor. Detailed guidelines for each are outlined here.
- Skilled Nursing Facility- Following state guidelines and is currently allowing scheduled visits. Please call 931.967.8249 for more information.
- Inpatient Rehab- Two visitors permitted Monday-Friday 5:00 pm-9:00 pm, Saturday 2:00 pm-9:00 pm, and Sunday 12:00 pm-9:00 pm.
- Radiology and Same-Day Surgery- No visitor restrictions.
- Emergency Department - Patients are limited to two visitors.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
All visitors must be age 12 or older. STRHS-Winchester/Sewanee is maintaining limited entry points at the main front lobby entrance, the emergency department and the Anderton-Smith MOB. They will continue to screen everyone who enters the facility for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines. STRHS-Winchester/Sewanee remains at universal masking and all patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff must wear a face mask while in our facilities. For additional updates on how the hospital is working to maintain a safe and supportive environment during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit SouthernTNWinchester.com.