Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Loved ones are welcome again.
It’s been a hard year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our community has faced a number of new challenges as we have worked to protect each other’s health and well-being. Perhaps one of the biggest of those challenges has been separation from others – whether that means forgoing in-person gatherings, grabbing coffee with a friend or visiting a loved one who is receiving care at the hospital.
As we come closer than ever to putting the pandemic behind us, we are pleased to announce that our visitation restrictions are relaxing, and loved ones are welcome again. We know that it has been difficult to be apart from family and friends who are receiving care, and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding while restrictions were in place to protect the health of our patients and staff.
We are so pleased to welcome our patients’ loved ones back to the hospital to visit. Our updated visitor policy can be found below.
It’s been a hard year. Let’s make the next one better…together.
At Southern Tennessee Regional Health System, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. Our visitor policy is as follows (PLEASE NOTE: THIS POLICY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME - PLEASE CALL 931.313.3833 FOR MOST UP-TO-DATE POLICY):
Effective April 12, 2021, 2021, STRHS-Winchester's visitor guidelines, are as follows:
- Medical/Surgical Unit- Visitation hours are 9:00 am -9:00 pm, seven days a week and one support person may stay overnight with the patient. No more than two visitors per patient at one time.
- ICU- Two visitors (age 12 and older) permitted for thirty minutes at the visitation times of 5:00 am, 10:30 am, 2:00 pm, and 5:30 pm. ICU patients may have one support person outside of these visiting hours.
- Senior Advantage- One visitor permitted Monday-Friday 4:00 pm-6:00 pm. On Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays visitors permitted 10:00 am-12:00 pm and 4:00 pm-6:00 pm.
- The Childbirth Center -
- Visiting hours are 8 am - 9 pm, seven days a week.
- Visitors during labor are limited to three at one time. These visitors may rotate. There will be no standing, sitting, or loitering in the hallways, extra visitors will be asked wait in their cars.
- Postpartum visitors are limited to four at one time. These visitors may rotate. There will be no standing, sitting, or loitering in the hallways, extra visitors will be asked wait in their cars.
- Siblings may visit postpartum; however, no other children under age 12 will be permitted.
- Only one support person may stay with the patient overnight.
- Skilled Nursing Facility- Following state guidelines and is currently allowing scheduled visits. Please call 931.967.8249 for more information.
- Inpatient Rehab- Two visitors permitted Monday-Friday 5:00 pm-9:00 pm, Saturday 2:00 pm-9:00 pm, and Sunday 12:00 pm-9:00 pm.
- Radiology and Same-Day Surgery- No visitor restrictions.
- Emergency Department - Patients are limited to two visitors.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
All visitors must be age 12 or older. We will continue to screen everyone who enters the facility for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines. STRHS-Winchester/Sewanee remains at universal masking and all patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff must wear a face mask while in our facilities.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.