Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
At Southern Tennessee Regional Health System, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As current projections continue to indicate a lower than expected volume of COVID-19 in our region, effective May 26, 2020, we are easing our visitor policy as follows:
- Patients in ICU or the med-surg floors are limited to one (1) WELL visitor per day (cannot be rotated, must be the same individual for the respective day).
- Emergency Department patients are limited to one (1) WELL visitor per day (cannot be rotated, must be the same individual for the respective day).
- Same Day Surgery patients are permitted one (1) WELL visitor per day (excluding endoscopy procedures which will remain at zero visitors).
- Outpatient appointments are allowed one (1) WELL companion, however, we strongly recommend that companions wait outside or in their cars due to limited seating capacity in our adjusted waiting areas.
- One (1) WELL support person is permitted for obstetric patients (cannot be rotated, must be the same individual for the respective day). Visiting hours for the obstetric patient support person are not be limited.
- Patients in the inpatient rehab unit are limited to one (1) WELL visitor per day (cannot be rotated, must be the same individual for the respective day) during the hours of 5:00 PM-7:00 PM seven days per week.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for the Skilled Care and Senior Advantage units (some approved exceptions may apply - e.g. pediatric patients, POA, and those receiving end-of-life care).
- Visiting hours are 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM seven days per week (unless noted otherwise above). An overhead page at 6:30 PM will remind everyone that visiting hours are closing and all in-house visitors will be asked to leave the facility each day at 7:00PM.
- All visitors/companions must be 12 years of age or older and will be required to wear a mask and sticker while in the facility. We encourage visitors to bring a mask from home.
- We are maintaining our limited entry points at the Emergency Department and Anderton-Smith MOB (no access to hospital from this entry) and continuing to screen everyone (including all employees and medical staff) who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines. Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- All of our waiting areas have been adjusted so that the chairs are six feet apart.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible. We also have resources available for any patients that do not have technology for remote visitation.
Signage is posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.
Patients & Visitors
- General Information
- Where to Go When You Arrive
- What to Bring
- What Not to Bring
- Discharge / Where to get Picked Up
- Online Bill Pay
- Visiting Hours
- Waiting Room Locations
- Privacy Practices
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Sponsorship Request
- Third Party Applications
- Understanding Billing and Charges
- Patient Portal