At Southern Tennessee Regional Health System, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. Our visitor policy is as follows (PLEASE NOTE: THIS POLICY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME - PLEASE CALL 931.967.8200 FOR MOST UP-TO-DATE POLICY):
Effective September 10, 2021, STRHS-Winchester's visitor guidelines, are as follows:
All visitors, unless noted otherwise, must be age 12 or older. Visitors will be required to self-screen for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines. STRHS-Winchester/Sewanee remains at universal masking and all patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff must wear a face mask while in our facilities.
- Medical/Surgical Unit- Visitation hours are 9:00 am -5:00 pm, seven days a week and one support person may stay overnight with the patient. No more than one (1) WELL visitor per patient at one time (visitor may rotate).
- ICU- One (1) WELL visitor permitted for thirty minutes at the visitation times of 5:00 am, 10:30 am, 2:00 pm, and 5:30 pm. ICU patients may have one support person outside of these visiting hours.
- Senior Advantage- One (1) WELL visitor permitted Monday-Friday 4:00 pm-6:00 pm. On Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays visitors permitted 10:00 am-12:00 pm and 4:00 pm-6:00 pm.
- The Childbirth Center -
- Visitors during labor are limited to two at one time. These visitors may rotate. There will be no standing, sitting, or loitering in the hallways, extra visitors will be asked to wait in their cars.
- Postpartum visitors are limited to two at one time. These visitors may rotate. There will be no standing, sitting, or loitering in the hallways, extra visitors will be asked to wait in their cars.
- Siblings may visit postpartum; however, no other children under age 12 will be permitted.
- Only one support person may stay with the patient overnight.
- Skilled Nursing Facility- Following state guidelines and is currently allowing scheduled outdoor visits. Details can be found here. Please call 931.967.8249 for more information.
- Inpatient Rehab- One (1) WELL visitors permitted Monday-Friday 5:00 pm-9:00 pm, Saturday 2:00 pm-9:00 pm, and Sunday 12:00 pm-9:00 pm.
- Radiology- Patients are limited to one (1) WELL visitor.
- Same-Day Surgery- Patients are limited to one (1) WELL visitor.
- Emergency Department - Patients are limited to one (1) WELL visitor.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.